Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Wasp Factory ~ Iain Banks

The teenage narrator of the Wasp Factory reminded me of Tom Ripley from The         Talented Mr Ripley - Frank Cauldhame is a psychopath or a sadist but you  get to like him like you do Tom Ripley.


I liked the way the novel unraveled the events from the past which shaped Frank's present, and the revelation that even Frank is not what he seems. 

It is very well written, but it is also very violent and graphic and it would probably be wise not to read it if you are an animal lover.  I had to keep telling myself - it's only a story, it's only a story..........

1 comment:

  1. I've heard people having sensitivity problems with this book before, which was pretty much why I bought it.

    Been away from my blog for quite a while now. This may just be the book I read next.

    ReplyDelete